7.12.2013

My dad’s visit

My dad’s visit
written and illustrated by
Max Tunnicliffe

My dad came to school. It was because my dad has a telescope and we are studying space.

First he made a powerpoint and showed us facts about the sun. He showed us a picture of a sunspot. It looked like the eye of Mordor.

He took a marble and a speck of dust. He said the sun was the marble and the speck of dust the earth. Then he asked, “How far would be the closest star, other than the sun?” So do you think that’s amazing? 
I don’t. Stars are very far apart.

Then we looked in the telescope! It was so much fun. The telescope was kind of boring because there weren’t many sunspots and no solar flares.


I liked having my dad at school. I asked him if I could do a powerpoint of my own.

1 commentaire:

  1. Comparing a sun spot to the eye of Mordor..awesome imagery max!

    RépondreSupprimer