7.13.2013

Max’s dad’s visit

Max’s dad’s visit
written and illustrated by
Sophie Busson

On Thursday afternoon Max’s dad came to our class. He said in the morning that he would bring his telescope in the afternoon.
After arts rotation he came. I said, “Yay, arts rotation is finished. Now Max’s dad is coming. Yay!”

First he came in with his laptop and he set up the TV. Then he was ready and he showed us the sun and how small the earth is. On the screen he showed us the sun. It was shining in my eyes. He said that it is one hundred earths across and four hundred earths around.

Then he showed us a sunspot and a flame on the outside of the sun. The flame is like a magnet. It is called a solar flare. The sunspot looked like a sunflower. It was amazing and really big and it looked strange.

The most interesting part was when we looked in the telescope. It was the sun we looked at and it wasn’t bright like I thought. The sun had little spots on it and I saw orange.


I learned a lot and it was interesting and fun. I was glad that he brought his big telescope. I learned so much from Jon.   

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire